The MPAS Media Conference 2017 is a series of 20-minute TED-style talks that focus on the issues surrounding the publishing industry. It will be held in Room 303-304, Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre on 9 December 2017 (Saturday). Networking registration starts at 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM. Program to begin promptly at 10:00 AM.
Top media students from colleges and universities are invited to attend as this is a great opportunity for them to learn from industry experts. The conference will feature winners from this year’s awards talking about relevant topics in the publishing industry.
Notable speakers and panelists include:
- Olivier Burlot, Publisher, L’Officiel Singapore, Men’s Folio & PALACE
- Kien Lee, Managing Director, SENATUS.NET
- SK Ho, Publisher, Epicure & Pets Magazine
- Tim Charlton, Publisher at Singapore Business Review & Asian Banking & Finance
- Rebecca Bisset, Editor in Chief, Expat Living
- Floyd Cowan, Publisher, Asian Journeys & Asian Truckers
- Juliana Chan, Editor in Chief, Asian Scientist
- Byron Perry, Founder & CEO, Coconuts Media
- Alex Campbell, Editor (former), Asian Geographic
Topics for the MPAS Media Conference 2017 are as follows:
- The business and evolution of print publishing
- Traditional and new media in the digital age
- The future of media business
- Digital documentary production: From Youtube to Facebook to Netflix
- Why the future of print and online is niche
- Going niche and narrow with trade magazines
- The challenges today for journalism and social commentary
The event is open and free of charge to all media students.
All MPAS Members are entitled to five (5) free tickets, whilst the regular cost would be $30.
For MPAS members: Register here
For media lecturers and students: Register here