FOODS THAT BOOST SKIN HEALTH
Beautifying and improving the conditions of our skin has always been a front liner in beauty industries worldwide. When you look at health stores, you can see the myriad of products created to improve texture, clarity, and take away blemishes, but these products costs hundreds if not thousands of dollars. But did you know that skin care and skin health is very easy? It is because you are what you eat.
Yes, the food that we eat directly affects our skin health. What then are foods that greatly boost our skin to become smoother and more beautiful? Listed below are the foods that can help you most:
- Low fat yogurt – rich in Vitamin A, it helps replenish old cells with new ones and increase your skin’s ability to heal
- Berries – whether strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries, these are rich in antioxidants that take away harmful toxins from the body to give a beautiful glow
- Salmon – very rich in Omega 3 and 6, this can help moisturize your skin to ultimate suppleness (another alternative is walnuts, canola oil, or flax seed oil)
- Green tea – another good source of antioxidants, it prevents premature aging of your skin as well as decrease inflammation in the body
- Avocados – versatile due to its rich contents of B vitamins and other oils, it works to moisturize, decrease inflammation, and give clarity to the skin
- Mangoes – also rich in Vitamin A, it is a fruit with very little calories that is ideal for those who wish to lose weight in the process
- Almonds – very rich in Vitamin E, it helps regenerates cells, give a youthful glow, and repair underlying imperfections of our skin
- Cottage cheese – contains selenium, a mineral necessary for proper cell processes to remove toxins from the skin
With all this, it is also noteworthy to remember to consume atleast 8 to 10 glasses of water a day to provide that suppleness, hydrate the body, take away toxins, and give skin a youthful glow.